|Unfortunately the close date for this position has now passed.|
Job Summary for School Cleaner
|Directorate:||Childrens Services, Resources / Catering and Client Services / Pensnett High School|
|Salary:||£6.008 hourly ()|
|Job Summary:||(shifts are usually 10 hours per week, Monday - Friday) - Pensnett High School have vacancies for cleaners to work in the school.
Duties will include vacuuming, polishing, dusting, mopping, and using an electric floor polisher.
Familiarity with commercial cleaning techniques would be useful although training will be provided.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a health declaration.
|For an informal discussion please contact:||Kevin Woodall on 01384 814260 or email@example.com|
|Application Form:||If you do not wish to apply online please use the below contact details to request an application form in the post.
Catering and Client Services,
1 Trinity Road,
|Reports to:||Premises Manager|
|Main Purpose:||Cleaners are responsible for a wide range of cleaning duties and responsibilities, which include ensuring that areas of work allocated are cleaned to the required standard/specification.|
|Main Activities:||1. Thoroughly cleaning areas to the required specification, as directed, using correct techniques and cleaning equipment.
2. Safe removal of litter and waste to allocated disposal points, taking particular care with liquids, broken glass or other substances, which may be unsafe to other staff or pupils.
3. Locking and unlocking windows and doors as directed.
4. Undertaking training in use of methods, materials and equipment, as instigated by your Supervisor.
5. Working safely using correct warning signs, protective clothing and safety equipment, being mindful of hazards to other staff and pupils. Compliance with the Health & Safety practices of the Site.
6. Replenishing supplies of toiletries, plastic bags etc., as directed.
7. Ensuring all containers of cleaning agents are correctly labelled before use and are used safely and in compliance with manufacturers written instructions and that all chemicals are securely stored away when not in use.
8. Emptying vacuum cleaners and buffer vacuum bags at the end of each session. Cleaning and checking all equipment used after use, checking cables for wear and tear and storing away in a suitable safe area. Notifying supervisor of any faults found.
9. Ensure mops, cloths etc., are washed and left to dry as appropriate at the end of each session.
10. Reporting immediately to your Supervisor any defective electrical sockets, lighting, vandalism etc., in your cleaning area.
11. Ensuring Supervisor is aware of low stock levels of materials and equipment for which you are responsible.
12. Assist in keeping chemicals and cleaning materials and equipment storage areas in a clean and tidy condition.
13. Covering on a rota basis for absent colleagues when required, which may involve some change in hours/times.
14. Any other related duties, as directed by your Supervisor.
|Experience:||• Experience of cleaning in a professional/work environment
• Use of buffing and vacuuming equipment
|Qualifications or Training:||• None - willing to undergo appropriate training|
|Practical Skills:||• Ability to understand and comply with work instructions (written and verbal)
• Methodical approach to cleaning
• Ability to follow manufacturers’ instructions with regard to cleaning chemical usage
|Personal Qualities & Attributes:||• Flexible
• Capable of moderate physical activity, i.e. use of buffing and vacuuming equipment
• Able to apply Health and Safety Procedures.
• Capable and willing to work on own initiative.
5. Other Essential Requirements
• Able to deal with all types of cleaning which may involve dealing with excrement and vomit on occasion (suitable protective clothing will be supplied)