|Unfortunately the close date for this position has now passed.|
Job Summary for Deputy Nursery Manager
|Directorate:||Childrens Services, Priory Children’s Centre|
|Salary:||£18,907 - £20,736 (Scale 5 Points 22-25)|
|Job Summary:||(37 hours weekly) - An opportunity has arisen within our highly successful and extremely popular Children’s Centre. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our existing Nursery and Centre staff team.|
|For an informal discussion please contact:||Charlotte Swann on 01384 812016 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Application Form:||If you do not wish to apply online please use the below contact details to request an application form in the post.
Priory Children’s Centre,
|Reports to:||Children’s Centre Manager|
|Responsible for:||To assist in the management of the Nursery and associated childcare provision within the Priory Children’s Centre|
|Main Purpose:||1. To be responsible for the Nursery in the absence of the Nursery Manager.
2. To be responsible for the day to day operation of the Nursery
3. To ensure the Nursery meets all legal requirements
4. To ensure equal access to services regardless of ethnicity, gender culture, disability or lifestyle in accordance with the Children’s Centre Equal opportunities policies.
5. To ensure the Nursery works in partnership with all local child care providers.
6. To ensure that the Nursery operates within agreed aims, objectives, policies and procedures
7. To support the Manager in suitably equipping the Nursery to provide a high quality, practical and welcoming learning environment
8. To effectively deliver the Nursery curriculum for 0-3 year olds, using the "Birth –Three" framework and to provide a robust education development programme for 3-5 year olds using the "Foundation Stage" framework, which ensures the Nursery meets and exceeds the OFSTED standards
9. To support the development and maintain procedures for regular review and assessment of each child’s progress
10. To support the implementation and manage an effective parent liaison programme ensuring regular communication and interaction with parents, including events such as parents evenings, surgeries and news letters.
11. To ensure the complaints procedure is implemented in a positive manner and that the staff team are supported in this process
12. To develop a programme of support to aid the transition of children from the child care setting to school
13. To actively promote the Children’s Centre and the range of activities available to local parents
14. To work in partnership with, health, education, social services, community and voluntary organisations to provide a high quality child care service.
15. To establish and maintain an inventory list of equipment/resources purchased
16. To ensure the effective and efficient use of resources available
17. To assist in the production of management reports and attend meetings deemed appropriate
18. To assist the Manager in ensuring full capacity and occupancy levels by reviewing numbers of children attending, and by following up all enquiries for child care places.
19. To assist in the management of operating costs for the Nursery within an agreed budget
20. To have responsibility for the Nursery premises ensuring that the building is both safe and well maintained at all times and that the need for repairs are promptly reported to the Nursery Manager
21. To be responsible for Health and Safety issues within the Nursery ensuring that all policies relevant are complied with.
22. To support the Nursery Manager in the effective recruitment and induction of new staff with the appropriate skills, qualifications, experience and qualities
23. To ensure the Nursery is staffed to the required levels at all times
24. To provide effective leadership and management of the Nursery team. To undertake regular performance reviews, team meetings and staff supervision as required by the nursery manager
25. To identify the development and training needs of the team members
26. To monitor sickness and absence of the staff team
27. To maintain a safe and acceptable standard of practice in accordance with the Children’s Centre’s principles, policies and procedures. This will include the safeguarding child protection procedures.
28. To ensure quality standards, including the implementation of all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
29. To maintain high standards of accuracy and confidentiality in record keeping. To produce reports and statistical information as required
30. To contribute to ongoing research, evaluation and assessment of need in the area
31. To promote and represent the Children’s Centre at appropriate events, conferences, seminars and training
32. To work as a member of the Children’s Centre team and to promote Children’s Centre activities.
33. To undertake any tasks requested which are commensurate with this job role and responsibilities
|Experience:||• Minimum of two years working in a senior role, within an Early Years Care/Education setting
• Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Sure Start principles and practices
• Experience of providing quality childcare and education in the early years
• Experience of implementing national childcare standards
• Experience of record-keeping and maintaining confidentiality
• Knowledge of the Children’s Act 1989 and the Care Standards 2000
• Knowledge of "Birth – Three Matters"
• Experience of working in a multi-agency and multi-disciplinary environment
• Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to equal opportunities
• Knowledge of child protection issues
• Knowledge of Health & Safety issues and current legislation
|Qualifications or Training:||• NNEB, BTEC National Diploma, NVQ level 3 or equivalent|
|Practical Skills:||• Effective communication skills
• Ability to manage a team effectively
• The ability to plan and implement a curriculum for children 0-3 years and children within the Foundation stage
• Must be able to work autonomously, manage own workload and meet targets set
|Personal Qualities & Attributes:||Willing to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service.|