|Unfortunately the close date for this position has now passed.|
Job Summary for Data Manager
|Directorate:||Childrens Services, Castle High School and Visual Arts College|
|Salary:||£25,437 - £29,859 (SO2/POA)|
|Job Summary:||(Full time, all year round) - Required to drive the use of data to raise standards across the school. You will have shared autonomy for creating school self evaluation, performance monitoring and target setting systems.
Previous applicants will be considered.
|For an informal discussion please contact:||Mr R Pemberton on 01384 816045 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Application Form:||If you do not wish to apply online please use the below contact details to request an application form in the post.
Castle High School and Visual Arts College
St James’s Road
|Reports to:||The Deputy Headteacher|
|Responsible for:||Create, oversee and develop the school’s use of data for the Senior Leadership Team and the Teaching Staff. Strategic and operational data, and its systems within school. Producing clear, concise, accurate information to support Senior Leaders in raising standards of performance in school. Maintaining student specific data to a high standard. Set up, maintain and review highly complex data. Analysing problem solving developing solutions and/or strategies with senior leaders in increasing school improvement. Responsible for the creation and maintenance of effective school timetable leading curriculum leaders to ensure effective deployment of staffing with the Deputy Headteacher. Line management of Exam Officer and all administration staff for exams, including invigilators.|
|Main Purpose:||• To be accountable for the use of systems in school in raising standards and performance across whole school.
• Advise and assist the Headteacher in reporting to the School Improvement Partner, Governors, and School Development Advisor and Osted Inspectors in target setting and detailed analysis of school performance.
• Lead staff through target setting process, data analysis, value added data, Panda and Raise Online – via whole school delivery of teaching staff INSET using own materials and systems.
• Create systems to provide data to inform SLT on value added performance of individual teachers, subjects and departments.
• Training of governors on data and interpreting results and findings. Assisting them to use and understand data and target setting.
• Support Headteacher in curriculum reviews with Curriculum Leaders on results and data analysis.
• Advise Headteacher and SLT on timetable requirements to enable them to make staffing decisions on its deployment of its physical resources.
• Accountable for ensuring all teaching staff meet deadlines to ensure statutory requirements for reporting are met.
• Create and prepare complex strategic and operational data analysis for Curriculum Leaders by key stage, year groups, set group. Exercising highly developed training skills in order to ensure "non data specialists" can translate data results in the classroom to impact on student achievement.
• Create and devise data systems to highlight and improve in school variation in performance.
• To provide ICT skills and knowledge to support the data management being developed in school to monitor and analyse performance.
• To manage and develop academic, behavioural and report databases.
• System management of Integris, and the overview of the computerised attendance system.
• Adaptation, development of school information systems.
• Creation of strategic and operational data analysis systems to support in depth analysis of individual teacher, subject and curriculum performance; as part of the whole school self evaluation process.
• Theoretical, practical and procedural knowledge in a specialist area of data in schools.
• Respond to education developments both strategic and operational that have implications on data management.
• To compile the school timetable, in liaison with SLT and lead negotiations with curriculum leaders.
• Update and maintain the school website.
• Develop, monitor and maintain the school report system and procedures. (Student review and reporting)
• Oversee Examinations Secretary role, line management of administration staff for examinations.
• Ensure Examinations Secretary is available at commencement of each examination.
• Produce verbally or in writing complex and contentious data analysis to a range of audiences, including non specialists.
• Provide advice to the Headteacher and SLT on its school improvement initiatives.
• Responsible and accountable for providing the advice on target setting process.
• Establish and implement an effective target setting process in line with statutory/LA requirements.
• Advise SLT in relation to deadlines for data requirements.
• Keep up to date with all Curriculum and ICT developments.
• Responsible for ICT training and data training of teaching and support staff on data systems.
• The strategic and operational data that is produced by this post holder is used by Senior Leadership in the management direction, co-ordination and development of its staff.
• Responsible for the production of reports and arranging the distribution to students following liaison with teaching staff.
• Create data in a clear, concise, easily understandable way.
• Policies and procedures put in place by the post holder should meet the organisational, technical and strategic demands of the school.
• Support teaching staff in the use of data to raise standards of student and staff performance.
• Lead the use of Raise Online and the Dudley Portal for school improvement purposes.
• Create and develop systems to enable the effective monitoring of vulnerable students.
• Participate in strategic decision making of the school as and when required by the Headteacher and SLT.
• Participate in strategic school self evaluation as and when required by Headteacher and SLT.
• Keep abreast of current guidance, requirement and good practice in relation to target setting, the effective use of data and the construction of an effective curriculum timetable.
• Recommend to governors, with the Headteacher, the targets to be set for future years.
• Any other duties commensurate with the grade as and when required by SLT.
The post demands a very high level of understanding of data management and its complexities. There is a very high demand for precision in this post. The work involves making frequent decisions and exercising own initiative. The post holder drives and recommends how the school should collect data and use it to ensure school self-evaluation with the aim of raising standards across the school.
There is significant levels of work related pressure, interruptions and conflicting demands upon this post. Staff are highly reliant on the student specific data that is produced by this post holder.
|Main Activities:||Be aware of and comply with policies and procedure relating to child protection, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
|Experience:||A knowledge of ICT skills to support the data management of the school system and the analysis of whole school performance.
|Qualifications or Training:||Relevant degree in IT or Business
or High Level Qualification that is appropriate.
|Practical Skills:||The ability to work in a team and individually.
The ability to use IT and specialist equipment.
|Personal Qualities & Attributes:||Ability to self evaluate and activity seek opportunity for improvement.
Ability to relate well to adult and children.
Ability to work constructively as part of a team or as an individual.