|Unfortunately the close date for this position has now passed.|
Job Summary for 2 x Administrative Assistants based at Russells Hall Hospital
|Directorate:||Adult, Community and Housing Services, Older People & Physical Disabilities|
|Salary:||£13,854 - £15,825 (Scale 2/3)|
|Job Summary:||(37 hours weekly) - Your main responsibilities will be to provide admin support to the Social Work Team and Managers. You will be required to fully utilise ICT systems to extract and input information, with the ability to communicate effectively face to face, in writing and by telephone. You should be able to meet deadlines and show that you are capable of working on your own initiative and as part of a team.|
|For an informal discussion please contact:||Natalie Gill on 01384 244819 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
Aiming for Excellence - Leadership and Management in Dudley
|Application Form:||If you do not wish to apply online please use the below contact details to request an application form in the post.
Directorate of Adult, Community and Housing Services, Human Resources Section, Ednam House, St James’s Road, Dudley, DY1 3JJ.
|Reports to:||Administrative Officer|
|Main Purpose:||To provide a comprehensive range of administrative support services to Teams/Units and Management.
|Main Activities:||The accountability list covers the major areas for which the post holder is responsible. Key accountabilities are common to all Administrative Assistants within Adult Care Services. Accountability areas are further developed through the Employee Development Interview, and supervision sessions.
1. To create and maintain effective working relationships through teamwork and the provision of a customer focused service.
2. To contribute to the effectiveness of the workflow through the efficient implementation of agreed procedures.
3. To contribute to the arrangement of meetings and other events, including the arrangement for attendance and the booking of equipment, services and rooms.
4. To produce and present business documents from provided material such as reports, policies and procedural documents.
5. To undertake customer service duties and to liaise with service users, Directorial colleagues and all other professional agencies.
6. To undertake reception and associated duties and provide information and advice at a level appropriate to the position and grade.
7. To maintain and issue stock items such as stationery and equipment (Unit 3).
8. To store, maintain, retrieve and supply information in both manual and computer based systems. This will include entering and extracting Directorial/divisional data.
9. To undertake a range of computerised housekeeping tasks, including data entry or correction for quality assurance purposes.
10. In accordance with the DMBC Constitution to assist in the purchasing and invoicing of goods and services using Dudley MBC corporate purchasing system and the completion of statutory returns.
11. To undertake petty cash and cash handling as required.
12. To effectively communicate information using a variety of mediums including face-to-face, written, telephone and exploitation of the intranet/internet as appropriate.
13. To comply with divisional, Directorial, corporate policies and procedures and the Council Constitution.
14. Demonstrate a commitment to and ensure compliance with Dudley MBC Equal Opportunities Policy.
15. To develop and maintain filing systems.
16. To have a commitment to own development through appropriate identified activities.
17. To ensure the maintenance of a healthy, safe and secure working environment through ensuring compliance with health and safety requirements.
18. To ensure that confidentiality and data protection requirements are maintained and adhered to.
19. To undertake any other duties commensurate to the post.
Specific Action Areas
1. To liaise with outside agencies regarding services users placements and services.
2. To deputise for the line manager in their absence
3. To cover reception duties on a regular basis, and therefore act as first point of call for the Directorate.
4. To input and retrieve information on the SWIFT system.
5. To use the Dudley MBC Corporate Purchasing system to order goods and services
6. Processing of car mileage, timesheets and absence returns
7. Store, maintain, retrieve and supply information using manual and computer systems
8. To respond positively to visitors and callers, upholding the Directorate’s policy on Equal Opportunities. All queries and general contact should be dealt with efficiently, effectively and in a sensitive and caring manner
9. Provide information for other sections of the Directorate that feeds into management information and budget monitoring
10. Training of new staff on how to use equipment and policies such as issuing of blue badges and bus passes
11. To participate in the delivery of frontline services to users
12. To liaise with other sections such as finance over queries on users financial details
13. To act as fire warden
Health and Safety
All employees have a duty to carry out their work with due regard for the health and safety of themselves, other employees and the public; to observe health and safety requirements relevant to their activities and co-operate with the Council so as to enable them to carry out their own responsibilities effectively. They must report to their supervisor every accident that could result in injury or damage to plant and equipment and cooperate in the investigation of accidents to prevent a recurrence.
|Experience:||1. Relevant office experience.|
|Qualifications or Training:||1. NVQ 2 or NVQ 3 in Business Administration or working towards it.
2. RSA II typing or equivalent
3. Numerate and literate to GCSE standard.
4. Willing and keen to undertake relevant training.
5. Computer skills equivalent to CLAIT or ECDL.
|Practical Skills:||1. Able to communicate face to face, in writing or by telephone.
2. Able to prioritise own workload.
3. Able to cope with basic numeracy and literacy.
4. Ability to demonstrate confidentiality.
5. Ability to undertake note taking.
6. Have excellent keyboard skills and a wide knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
7. Have a high standard of presentation of work.
|Personal Qualities & Attributes:||1. Must be flexible and adaptable.
2. Ability to respect and work well as part of a team.
3. Willing to help other members of the team.
4. Willingness to acquire new skills.
5. Able to work on own initiative.
6. Able to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and discretion.